Krumlov House’s Top Ten Activities
1. Free Town Tour – Daily; 10.30am and at 14.00 pm meet in front of the Infocentrum on the town square. Don’t forget to tip the tour guide!
2. Castle Tower & Museum-Really cool artifacts from the castle collections, including a Baroque glass coffin with the skeleton of a “saint” made up of five different people! (Tower & Museum ticket: 130,- CZK)
3. Horse Riding – Daily. A 30-minute walk from town rewards you with a trusty steed and after a short climb through the forest, a view of the city on horseback. Must be booked in advance at the hostel. (1 hour; 500,-CZK)
4. Hot Stone Massage. Daily, must be booked in advance at hostel. Our local masseuse, Lenka, will give you the “backpacker’s special.” In 35-40 minutes, you’ll be knot-free! (380,-CZK)
6. Suds your Duds – When was the last time you actually washed your clothes? Krumlov House staff will care for your clothes and hang them to dry (or fluff them through our hot air dryer). (200,-CZK for a 5kg load).
8. Hike to Klet’ – 14 km of a hike to the highest point in the region. On a clear day you can see the Alps. Rent a kickbike for an exciting descent!
8. Tea House & Shisha – A great place to unwind after touring the town. Open daily 2pm to 10pm, this is a mecca for those who love beautiful music, a cigarette-free environment. Share a shisha in the back room!
9. Bohemian Feast – A selection of everything off the Two Maries menu: chicken, ham off the bone, pheasant, savory millet cakes, potato pancakes, and dumplings. If you haven’t tried “medovina” or honeywine, you haven’t lived. The Two Maries serves up handcrafted honey wine with different flavours: almond, cinnamon, or herbal. Try them with a piece of home made cake. (160,- CZK for the feast, the drinks are up to you!)
10. High Hopes Revival – Tired of the same old Pilsner? Try some local & different brews – stouts and IPAs, red ales, and more! Friendly service and the best marinated camembert cheese in town. Open only in the evenings.
…and this is just the beginning! See you soon!